Papiro and Mint is back from Europe! And since it’s been a little over a year since the post What’s In My Bag?, I’ve decided to make a new one showing some of the treats I got from traveling through 9 countries and 14 cities in the last 55 days, which also has some stuff you should definitely be checking it out! So here they are!
01. Ash & Ice, the fifth album from The Kills. They have been one of my favorite bands since 2005, bringing new interesting developments each album they drop. This one couldn’t be any different, making it one of my soundtracks for this trip. Bought it at an amazing record store in Amsterdam called Concerto Music Store.
02. Indomable by Pelayo Díaz. The Alexa Chung-like biography of blogger Pelayo Díaz. Found this at a Madrid airport shop, almost didn’t buy it because I thought I would see it later somewhere until I realize maybe I wouldn’t because it’s a book from Spain and I wasn’t staying there. Couldn’t be more right because never saw it again and so happy I bought it because it is really good! There is a post about it in the blog here.
03. An iPad Mini 2 black, because I’ve lost my iPhone in Paris and almost died since all my pictures were in there and I didn’t have any other source of communication.
04. The last edition of the Hero Magazine, featuring Tye Sheridan, costing only amazing 6 pounds.
05. The book Ceremony by photographer Alasdair McLellan. We’ve already talked about him and his amazing book Ultimate Clothing Company in this post. Bought in an amazing store in London called Foyles.
06. The record Psycho Tropical Berlin by La Femme. We have also talked about them here, and I could have never imagined I would find their record in Concerto Music Store in Amsterdam but I did! So worth it!
07. The book Skinheads by Nick Knight. Also bought it at Foyles just because it was 8 pounds. It’s a very cool book because “features both written and visual musings on the style, music, and behavior that came to define the skinhead movement. This book is an essential fashion reference which helps to contextualize Nick Knight’s artistic and photographic trajectory” – Knight’s website.
08. One of the last editions of Vogue Hommes International, featuring James Jagger.
09. A blu ray version of the movie The Lobster by Yorgos Lanthimos, because it’s one of the best movies of 2015. Bought it at HMV in London.
10. A copy of Mon Roi by Maiwenn. Bought it in Paris at the huge and amazing Gilbert Joseph store next to Boulevard Saint-German.
11. The book Jules et Jim by Henri-Pierre Roché. Bought it at Shakespeare & Company bookstore. Didn’t really know it was a book, but the fact I bought it there creates a lot of meanings for me.
12. A white Moleskine. Bought it at the official Moleskine shop in Paris because I ran out of papers in my other notebook from writing about the trip.
13. The book Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami. Bought it at a Virgin Store in a train station in Berlin because I was about to spend the next 6 and a half hours traveling. Murakami is probably one of my favorite writers and this is book is just incredibly good!
14. The record Everything You’ve Come to Expect by The Last Shadow Puppets, featuring the small photography book from the cd version but in a bigger size! Also comes with a small yellow LP featuring Bad Habits and Bourne Identity. Just beautiful!
15. And for the last but not least, a magnet from the Harry Potter shop in King’s Cross. Because it’s literally the only affordable thing in the shop.